You can view or delete browsing history in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. Your browsing history on Microsoft Edge stores information when you browse the internet that includes your password (If you save on the website one by one).
However, each Web Browser remembers and stores the information that you browse on your PC and is easy to recover your search information with the help of search history.
So, let’s learn how we can see or delete browsing history on Microsoft Edge.
View or delete browsing history on Microsoft Edge (benefits)
- You can see the latest searches or websites.
- You simply type the initials of your website, and it will suggest a complete address in the search box according to your history on Microsoft Edge.
- You can go and check what your children are looking for on the internet if you have one.
- If you have a new computer and want to export and import your browsing history to a new computer from an old one, you can do it easily.
- You can set a password in your history.
View or delete browsing history on Microsoft Edge (deficiency)
- If you are in an internet cafe, and you do your own search in an internet cafe and forget to delete your browsing history, then anyone can see your browsing history. In this case, you can use the Incognito Window which will automatically delete your browsing history when you close the window.
- If your friends come to your home and you let them use your computer, they can see your search history and manipulate it.
These are the advantages and disadvantages of browsing history on Microsoft Edge.
Now let’s learn how to view or delete search history on Microsoft Edge in simple steps.
I also include screenshots to make it clearer to you.
View or delete browsing history in Microsoft Edge
Your browsing history is information that is remembered by Microsoft Edge including passwords, info that you enter in forms, and sites that you have visited and saved on your device as you surf the web.
– To view your search history, select Hub> History.
– To delete it from here:
- Choose Clear all history.
- Select the type of data or file you want to delete from your PC, then select Delete.
– What is deleted when you delete your search history
- Browsing history: The list of sites you visit includes frequently visited sites.
- Cookies and website data stored: Info stored on your PC to remember your preferences, such as your login or location.
- Cache data and files: Copies of page, picture and other media content stored on your PC. The browser uses this copy to load content faster the next time you visit these sites.
- Download history: List of files that you have downloaded from the web. This only deletes the list, not the actual file you downloaded.
- Form data: Info that you enter into the form, such as email or shipping address.
- Password: The password that you saved for the site.
- Media license: Play the Ready / Digital Rights Management content license.
- Pop-up exceptions: List of websites that you explicitly allow to display pop-ups.
- Location permission: List of websites that you allow explicitly to take their location.
- Full screen permission: List of websites that you allow to be explicitly opened automatically in full screen mode.
- Compatibility permissions: A list of websites that you allow explicitly opens in Internet Explorer.
This is a way to view or delete search history on Microsoft Edge. As stated earlier in this guide that you can always use Incognito Mode which will allow Microsoft Edge to delete search history automatically when you exit the window. Hope you like my article. Visit Us Again And Please Comment Below. Thank you for visiting