How to Change a Folder Picture in Windows 10: Many Windows users aren’t aware of the fact that you may change the folder image to something you wish to say for example you want a wonderful background picture or a anime image, you may set this image as the picture of the folder in Windows 10 using a easy trick. One thing to notice right here is that folder image and folder icons are two totally various things and we’re only discussing how to change a folder image here.
Folder Image is the picture you see on the folder when the picture format is about to thumbnail view (tiles, medium icons, giant icons and so forth). Windows Explorer automatically displays the default image for all of the folder till the user adjustments it to one thing else. Anyway, with out wasting any time let’s see How to Change a Folder Image in Windows 10 with the help of the below-listed tutorial.
How to Change a Folder Picture in Windows 10
Make sure that to create a restore point simply in case one thing goes incorrect.
Method 1: Change a Folder Picture in Windows 10
- Navigate to the folder for which you wish to change the image for.
- Now click on on View from the Ribbon then make certain to checkmark “File name extensions“.
- Subsequent, copy and paste the picture you wish to use because the folder image within the above folder.
- Right-click on the picture and choose Rename. Change the name & the extension of the picture as “picture.jpg” and hit Enter. You’ll get the warning, simply click on Yes to continue.
For example: The picture you pasted within the above folder is anime.jpg, to use this as your folder image simply rename it to picture.jpg and hit Enter.
- You should use any jpg, png or fig picture, you simply have to just be sure you rename it to folder.gif. Additionally, should you can’t open the picture after renaming it you then won’t have the ability to use that picture.
Method 2: How to Change a Folder Picture in Folder Properties
- Navigate to the folder for which you wish to change the folder image for.
- Right-click on the above folder then choose Properties.
- switch to the Customize tab then click on “choose file”.
- choose your image and then click Ok.
- Then click OK to save changes.
If you can change a folder in Windows 10 or problem on your file explorer, get the solution at get help with file explorer in Windows 10.
That’s it, you successfully discovered How to Change a Folder Picture in Windows 10 however should you nonetheless have any questions regarding this tutorial then be happy to ask them within the comment’s section.