Fix HDMI Port Not Working Windows 10: HDMI is a standard audio and video cabling interface used to transmit uncompressed video knowledge in addition to compressed and uncompressed audio data (digital) from HDMI supported supply devices to a suitable laptop monitor, televisions, and video projectors. Via these HDMI cables, users can join varied elements similar to a house theatre setup that features TVs or projectors, disc players, media streamers, and even cable or satellite boxes. When there is an issue with the HDMI connection, then you may carry out some troubleshooting by yourself to fix things, which can fix the problem in many of the instances.
Many laptop users have reported issues relating to the HDMI port. Some common points that users encountered most of the time are receiving no picture, the sound coming out of the devices even when the cable is correctly connected to the port, and many others. Basically, the purpose of HDMI is to attach different components together simply via this generic HDMI connector where one cable is meant for each audio and video. Although, there’s another additional HDMI perform for implementing ‘copy protection’ (which can also be termed as HDCP or HDCP 2.2 for 4K). This copy safety typically wants the HDMI linked elements to be able to search for in addition to talk with one another. This function of recognizing & then speaking is usually termed because the HDMI handshake. In case the ‘handshake’ didn’t work properly at any time, the HDCP encryption (embedded inside the HDMI sign) becomes unrecognized by one, or extra connected components. This often results in if you can not see something in your TV screen.
HDMI Port Not Working Windows 10
Be certain that to create a restore point simply in case one thing goes wrong.
There are other ways to fix the HDMI connection problems, a few of the methods are explained below.
Method 1: Check Your HDMI Cable Connections
For Windows 10, unplug the power cable after which plug it again: If there’s a case for Windows 10 users when all of the HDMI ports stopped working, you may repair this HDMI port not working problem by first unplugging the power cable and then plug in it once more. Then perform the following steps:
Step 1. Try disconnecting all of your HDMI cables from their respective inputs.
Step 2. For 10 minutes maintain unplugging the facility cable from TV.
Step 3. Then, plug back the TV within the power source and change it o.
Step 4. Now pick up the HDMI cable to your PC for connecting.
Step 5. Activate the PC.
Method 2: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
Run the troubleshooter of Windows 10: In general, the Windows 10 built-in troubleshooter will seek for any problem related to HDMI ports and can automatically fix it. For this, you need to follow the steps talked about below.
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click on on Update & Security icon.
- From the left-hand menu be sure to pick Troubleshoot.
- Now below “Find and fix other issues” section, click on on “Hardware and Devices“.
- Subsequent, click on on Run the troubleshooter and follow on-screen directions to fix HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10.
Method 3: Reset Your Television to Factory Settings
There’s an choice to reset factory setting in your TV to get rid of HDMI port problem or any such problem in machines working Windows 10. As quickly as you execute the factory reset, all settings will revert to factory default. You would reset your TV to factory settings utilizing the ‘Menu’ key of your remote. After which once more test if the HDMI Port Not Working in Windows 10 problem is resolved or not.
Method 4: Update Graphics Driver for Windows 10
Issues relating to HDMI can also come up if the graphics driver is outdated and never up to date for fairly a long time. This may carry glitches like HDMI not working. So, it is suggested to use a driver update which can automatically detect your graphics driver status and update it accordingly.
Manually Update Graphics Drivers utilizing Device Manager
- Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open Device Manager.
- Subsequent, increase Display adapters and right-click in your Graphics Card and choose Allow.
- After you have done this once more right-click in your graphics card and choose “Update Driver“.
- Choose “Search automatically for up to date driver software” and let it end the method.
- If the above steps had been useful in fixing the problem then very good, if not then proceed.
- Once more right-click in your graphics card and choose “Update Driver” however this time on the subsequent screen choose “Browse my laptop for driver software.“
- Now choose “Let me choose from a listing of available drivers on my laptop.”
- Lastly, choose the newest driver from the listing and click on Next.
- Let the above process finish and restart your PC to save changes.
I hope the above steps had been useful and now you may simply Fix HDMI Port Not Working Windows 10, however should you nonetheless have any questions relating to this tutorial then be happy to ask them within the comment’s section.