This error is generally caused by a hard disk or more related to memory space problems, while you will experience this error after installing an update to a newer OS version. After completing the installation process and when starting windows shows the error message “Recovery, There is a problem with the device that is connected to this PC”. Next, you can read “An unexpected I / O error has occurred, Error code: 0xc00000e9”. This error can also be caused due to the reasons listed:
- Hard disk that is damaged or not connected.
- Windows Update.
- The registry file is corrupt.
- Outdated Pc Drivers.
- Installation is incomplete
Fix Error Code 0xc00000e9 on Windows 10
This could be the reason that this error code is 0xc00000e9, our development team has provided safe and protected repairs to every problem. You should try every problem fix if you don’t know the cause.
First, check the hard disk connection, and make sure they are properly connected and there are no dust particles between connections. After checking this restart the installation process and check whether the error code 0xc00000e9 is repaired or not, if it does not move forward for the repair provided.
Open a command prompt, enter “chkdsk c”.
Enter this command without double quotes and press enter in windows, then type “/ f / r / x” this command to ensure checking and verification and also to repair and restore bad space in memory. This will fix disk problems and restore bad space in memory too, let changes occur and restart the system. After restarting Windows, double-check the update process and see if the error code 0x80070020 has been fixed or not.
Pending Windows Update
If there are updates that are pending in Windows settings > updates and security > updates, check if there are any pending updates and if there are them, update them and check whether the 0xc00000e9 error code is corrected or not.
Repair damaged system files
1. Open a command prompt.
2. Enter sfc / scanner in the prompt window.
The system will automatically start the scanning process where all system files will be checked and find damaged if there are damaged files, it will be displayed and repaired by replacing certain files with others using cache memory. The system requires a restart to make changes occur and after that, this error code 0xc00000e9 must be corrected, if it does not jump to another solution.
Outdated PC driver
Also check the device manager for any drivers installed that require attention or require updates. This process might prevent you from accessing some parts of the system to keep it updated and not let them block your process. Addressing this problem will help you fix the 0xc00000e9 error code and continue your process.
Reset and Restore the PC
If all of the above fixes don’t help and besides, one of the available fixes doesn’t work for you, then you have to reset windows and restore it to the previously saved default version. This will help you to recover windows and get all the default working files in the directory and then try to update them again, follow these steps to reset your pc:
- Open Windows Settings.
- Choose update and security > click recovery > and then click reset this PC.
Follow the instructions and choose the steps wisely, all stored data can be filtered and it is called to save your data before this process and then perform a clean erase and get a newly updated window. Now you can check the update process and continue again and check whether this error code 0xc00000e9 has been corrected or not, although this is a fix that might help you to complete this error code 0xc00000f easily and complete your work.
The Most Common Startup Error Codes in Windows 10
- Error code 0xc0000001 at Startup: Error 0xc0000001 can be caused by various causes, with the most common being damage to system files or corrupted memory. Or, this error can also be caused by a missing or corrupt SAM (Security Account Manager) system file.
- 0xc0000034 Error Code when starting: One of the most common causes of this error is a file that is associated with a boot that is missing, damaged, or misconfigured. That can occur due to disk writing errors, power outages, boot sector viruses, or errors made when manually configuring these files.
- Startup Error Code 0xC0000225: In the Microsoft Windows Operating System this error when unable to find the correct system file to boot. This info is thought as Boot Configuration Data or BCD.
See also: Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070002
I hope after reading this blog you can solve the error code 0xc00000e9 in Windows 10. If there are questions about Windows 10 problems, please write in the comments field and I will immediately help with your problem. Thanks for visiting.