Fix Start Menu Not Working Windows 10: In case you have recently up to date or upgraded to Windows 10 then chances are your Begin Menu could not work correctly, making it not possible for users to navigate round Windows 10. Customers are experiencing various issues with Start Menu similar to Begin Menu doesn’t open, Begin Button will not be working, or Begin Menu freezes and many others. In case your Begin Menu isn’t working then don’t worry as right now we’re going to see a method to repair this problem.
The exact cause of this problem is different for various users as a result of every person has a different system configuration and setting. However the issue may be related to something like corrupted person account or drivers, damaged system files, and many others. So with out losing any time let’s see How to Fix Start Menu Not Working in Windows 10 with the help of the below-listed tutorial.
Fix Start Menu Not Working Windows 10
Be sure to create a restore point simply in case one thing goes incorrect.
To run Command Prompt as an administrator, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. Then click on on File then choose Run new task. Type cmd.exe and checkmark “Create this process with administrative privileges” then click on OK. Similarly, to open PowerShell, type powershell.exe and once more checkmark the above field then hit Enter.
Method 1: Restart Windows Explorer
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to launch the Task Manager.
- Discover explorer.exe within the listing then right-click on it and choose Finish Process.
- Now, it will shut the Explorer and so as to run it once more, click on File > Run new task.
- Type explorer.exe and hit OK to restart the Explorer.
- Exit Task Manager and see should you’re capable of Fix Begin Menu Not Working in Windows 10.
- Should you’re nonetheless facing the problem then log out from your account and re-login.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Del key on the similar time and click on on Sign out.
- Type in your password to login to Windows and see in the event you’re able to fix the difficulty.
Method 2: Run Start Menu Troubleshooter
Should you continue to expertise the problem with Begin Menu then it’s recommended to download and run Begin Menu Troubleshooter.
- Download and run Begin Menu Troubleshooter.
- Double click on on the downloaded file after which click on Subsequent.
- Let it discover and automatically Fix Begin Menu Not Working in Windows 10.
Method 3: Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk
- Press Windows Key + X then click on on Command Prompt(Admin).
- Now type the next within the cmd and hit enter:
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
- Wait for the above course of to complete and as soon as completed restart your PC.
- Subsequent, run CHKDSK from right here Fix File System Errors with Check Disk Utility(CHKDSK).
- Let the above process full and once more reboot your PC to save changes.
Method 4: Force Cortana to Rebuild Settings
Open Command Prompt with administrative rights then type the following one by one and hit Enter after each command:
This may force Cortana to rebuild the settings and can Fix Begin Menu Not Working in Windows 10.
Method 5: Refresh or Reset Windows 10
Note: Should you can’t entry your PC then restart your PC a few times till you begin Automated Repair. Then navigate to Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click on on Update & Security icon.
- From the left-hand menu choose Recovery.
- Below Reset this PC click on on the “Get Started” button.
- Choose the choice to Maintain my files.
- For the following step you is likely to be requested to insert Windows 10 set up media, so ensure you’ve it ready.
- Now, choose your version of Windows and click on on only the drive where Home windows is installed > Simply remove my files.
- Click on on the Reset button.
- Follow the instructions on the display to finish the reset.
That’s it you have got successfully Fix Start Menu Not Working Windows 10 however should you nonetheless have any queries concerning this tutorial then be happy to ask them in the comment’s section.