DNS server not responding windows 10 problem is among the quite common issues for Windows 10 users. While you try to connect with the web, You might face no web connection problem. When you Run the Network Diagnostic tool discover an issue with this message ‘Your pc seems to be correctly configured, however the device or resource (DNS server) isn’t responding’. This can be a horrible problem for a windows user. This Error Happen when the DNS server that translates a domain name doesn’t reply for any purpose. If you’re additionally struggling from this problem, right here some efficient solutions to fix DNS server not responding on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
What’s DNS server
DNS stands for Domain name server is an finish to end server which translates internet addresses (we offer for searching a selected web page into the precise deal with of the net web page. It resolves the physical address into IP deal with. As a result of pc only understands IP addresses) so to entry and browse the web.
Recommended: How to delete Bing search history.
In easy phrases, once you wish to access our website: https://troubleshootwindows10.com on Chrome, the DNS server translates it into our public IP address: 18.104.22.168 for Chrome to connect to.
And if one thing goes incorrect with DNS server or DNS server stops responding, you can’t entry the web sites by means of the Web.
How to fix DNS server windows 10
- Restart the router or modem by means of which you’re related to the Web (simply turn off the power for 1 -2 minutes) additionally Restart your Windows device;
- Check if the Web is working in your different units and whether or not DNS errors seems on them too;
- Did you lately set up any new applications? Some antiviruses with a built-in firewall, if misconfigured, can block Web entry. Quickly disable Antivirus and VPN (if configured) And examine There isn’t any more problem connecting to the web.
Verify DNS client service Running
- Press Windows + R, kind services.msc and okay to Open the Services management console.
- Scroll down, and search for DNS client service,
- Verify if its running state, Right click on and choose restart
- If DNS client service not started, double click on to open its properties,
- Change the startup type automatic, and begin the service subsequent to service standing.
- restart windows and check Web connection working correctly.
Flush DNS and Reset TCP/IP
Type cmd on begin menu search right click on on command prompt choose run as administrator.
Now type the next command and press Enter after every one:
Restart windows and check Flushing DNS Fix DNS Server Not Responding Error in Windows 10.
Update Network Adapter Drivers
- Press Windows + R type “devmgmt.msc” and okay to open device manager.
- Develop Network adapters,
- Right-click on the installed network adapter and choose Update Drivers.
- Choose the choice “Search automatically for up to date driver software”
- Let windows check for the newest driver update, if accessible this may down and set up automatically.
- Restart windows and check there isn’t a more Network and web connection issues.
If the above didn’t work then go to the manufacturer’s web site and set up the most recent up to date driver. Reboot to use changes, and check the issue fixed or not.
See also: How to Fix flickering screen Windows 10
Some users report disable IPv6 assist them to fix the DNS server problem.
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and okay,
- Right click on on active network/WiFi adapter choose properties,
- Right here uncheck the choice Web Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IP)
- Click on OK then click on Shut. Reboot your PC to save lots of changes.
If anyone wants to be asked about the DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10, please write in the comments column.